At Let’s Build Hope, we suggest SEVEN STEPS to make “general” stewardship to the donor of small gifts feel specific. Think about these:
- First step? Call everyone!
Second step? Write an EXCEPTIONAL letter of thanks after the gift or pledge is made
- Third step? Plan and deliver MONTHLY and MEANINGFUL cultivation
- Fourth step? Provide at least ONE chance to interact with the mission
- Fifth step? Give a small and meaningful token to help the donor identify with your group
- Sixth step? Spend “donor credit” carefully – every time you communicate with a donor in ANY way, you’re using their time and your credit!
- Seventh step? Give them fun and interesting new options to participate in giving